Pages

Challenge: Crochet to music & celebrate the first day of fall

Week 28 (09-10-14):  Do you listen to audio books or music when you crochet?  If yes, tell us what or who you've enjoyed the most.  If not, give it a try.
Week 29 (09-17-14):  Celebrate the First Day of Fall (Sept 22) crocheting some leaves, or by using Fall colors in a project..

Crocheted Pansy & Leaves
I combined two weeks and listened to music while I crocheted a fall project.  Instead of fall colored leaves, I chose the flower I love seeing in the fall - the pansy, along with the pansy leaves.

The pansy pattern is Pretty Pansies
by Terry Kimbrough
from Leisure Arts #100318, Afghans for All Seasons, Book 1.

The pansy leaf pattern is free and can be found here:  Pansy Leaf - Crocheted Leaf Pattern.  I modified it just a bit so the tips would come to a slight point.  (Click the pic for my notes on what I did).


As for the music part of the challenge:

I don't listen to audio books when I crochet.  I'd be too distracted with audio books, following the story, so I watch old movies on TV instead.  The only time I crochet to music is when riding in the car.

In trying to decide what music to listen to, I saw a post by Kathryn from Crochet Concupiscence discussing "crochet music" on her blog.  You could knock me over with a feather - oh my gosh, who knew there were songs that had crochet in them!

So instead of just listening to music as I crocheted, I listened to music about crochet while I crocheted!

Please go and listen and watch the music videos!  Absolutely fascinating.  Warning:  put your "music judgement" on the back burner and understand that while you may not like punk or some of the other genres, that this is a modern history lesson on crochet in songs!

Listen to the music and watch the music videos:  Songs About Crochet and Other Music for Crafting

Be sure to stop and watch the music videos.  I'll never look at a thrift shop the same again!


Until next time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's never too late to join the 52 Week Crochet Challenge by Julie at Red Berry Crochet!
One simple task per week - your skills, style & knowledge will evolve while you're having fun! 


#crochet #pansy #leaves

Your thoughts are always appreciated!