Pages

Free crochet granny square patterns: June 2014BAMCAL

It always amazes me that we have access to such amazing granny square patterns - for free!  I'm so grateful to the designers that share their talent with us.

Here are two June CAL squares.  The pattern for Diamond in the Rye, on the left, is for a 12" square,  but using Caron Simply Soft yarn and a G hook, I make 9" blocks.  Even then, sometimes I still need to add rows.  (SS yarn is such a thin worsted, and looks best - to me, anyway - worked with a G hook, which is often smaller than what the pattern calls for).

For the same reason, when I do a 6" square, like Walled Garden, on the right, I need to add rows.

(Click the pic to see more info, including the link to the free patterns).
Free Crochet Granny Square Pattern - Diamond in the Rye
Diamond in the Rye
Free Crochet Granny Square Pattern - Walled Garden
Walled Garden

#crochet #free #patterns #granny

Your thoughts are always appreciated!