Pages

Outside-In Crocheted Granny Squares

     Outside-in crocheted granny square

I've enjoyed testing two crocheted grannies for funnydiebarbarin (on Ravelry).  Actually it was one square, but it had two options so I did it in each option.

funnydiebarbarin is the original Outside-In Block Designer, meaning, you start crocheting the outside of the block first, and work your way to the center!

The first square made was the yellow/blue/brown one on the left, and I liked it so much that I made it in my 2014 CAL colors (on the right).  The only difference the option made for that square was connecting the corners.  Can you see?

I must say I love her designing style!   The square had various stitches with interesting looks and textures, and were not difficult, and working from the outside in is a fun change!

If you want to try this technique, try out her Outside-In Crochet Square.  The squares above were test squares, so the patterns are not published as of this post, but click her name (above) to go to her designs and check for the latest.

#crochet #square #outside-in

Your thoughts are always appreciated!