Pages

Crochet Challenge: Try a new tip

This weeks challenge:  Find a new tip to try this week.  A good place to start is Crochet Pattern Central:  Tips and Tricks.
Answer:  I read crochet tips for hours and finally found one I hadn't tried and sounds like it might be a "keeper":
Instead of crocheting, and then counting, count ahead first and mark the next stitch with thread or yarn. 
On items where there are long rows, and then start a new stitch or design, this tip should save lots of time counting and re-counting and maybe re-counting again, as I often do.

Here's another one:
When I'm doing a project that requires me to change color yarn in mid stream, I use hair clips and clip the balls to the blanket that I'm crocheting on. I once had 9 balls of yarn that i was changing often to create an O.U. quilt and this worked great to keep the yarn untangled. and made it easy to change the colors without having to tie each one on. --- Lisa walker, Wed, Nov 14, 2012
My gosh what a good idea!  It's like, DUH!  Why didn't I think of that, instead of wrestling with and untangling all these twisted up balls every few minutes?!

I enjoyed this week's "challenge".  What's not to love about finding something helpful and time-saving?

Do you have any tips that you use all the time?

Until next time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's never too late to join the 52 Week Crochet Challenge by Julie at Red Berry Crochet!
One simple task per week - your skills, style & knowledge will evolve by just having fun! 


#crochet #tips

  1. Great tip, thanks for sharing. It would be easier to work this way, because I tend to count and then recount too.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always appreciated!