Pages

Free crochet granny square patterns: April 2014BAMCAL #2

It's hard to believe such pretty granny squares are free patterns!  Isn't it nice that the designers are so generous to do that?

Free crochet pattern: Fresh Air 6" Granny
Fresh Air 6" - Click for pattern & info


This first square is a CAL pattern, meaning it was voted on by the group to be the “official” CAL 6” square for April.   It worked up quickly and easily, and the design is quite interesting.


Daffodowndillies 6" Granny Square
Daffodowndillies
Click for pattern & info




The daffodil granny square is an optional one I chose.  It was as fun to make as it looks, and actually quite easy!

The pattern used a stitch called a “crossed double crochet (xdc)" to make the trumpet, which was new to me.  I loved that stitch, and hope to be able to crochet it again or incorporate it in one of my own designs.

Daffodowndillies 6" Granny SquareI made a few customizations:  added stamens and “frill” to the trumpet.  Added rows to bring it up to 6” because I use Caron Simply Soft yarn, which is a thin worsted, and a size G (4.0mm) hook.  If you go to find the pattern, scroll down to see the details in my notes.

Daffodowndillies 6I'd love to see a pic if you do this square!

Here are the other squares for April:

April 12" main                April 12" filler



                              Until next time!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~


                         (Block-A-Month Crochet-Along)! 

#crochet #free #daffodil

  1. All totally beautiful! I especially love the Daffodowndillies....perfect for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it's me again! i just wanted to say that i am in love with your daffodwondillies - i think i pinned it on pinterest. must make one (or many). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's such a pretty square, and I loved doing it!

      Delete

Your thoughts are always appreciated!