Pages

Free crochet granny square patterns: July 2014BAMCAL

The month of July came and went, and two more granny squares  have been crocheted for my afghan.  The free crochet patterns for these blocks via the 2014BAMCAL group on Ravelry every month always make me smile!  (Yes, they really do).  So fun to do, I learn something new with every one of them, and the variety of designs is so interesting.
(Click on the pics for info, including the link to the patterns) 
The free crochet patterns are for 12" squares. (Each month also has a 6" square but I skipped that one this month).

Free Crochet Pattern - Whimsical Block Granny Square
Free Crochet Pattern - Posie Field Granny Square
Whimsical Block by 
Black Sheep Creations
Posie Field by Melissa Green
I make 9" squares by using Caron Simply Soft yarn and a size G hook.  (SS yarn is such a thin worsted, and looks best - to me, anyway - with a G hook, which is often a smaller hook than what the pattern calls for).  It's rare that a 12" pattern is designed with SS yarn, so it works out well.  Even then, occasionally I still need to add rows, which I always put in my notes on my project page on Ravelry; it helps the next time the square is made!

Until next time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

#free #crochet #patterns #granny

Your thoughts are always appreciated!